Order Yearbooks and 8th grade Ads
SMS would like to extend an invitation for parents and students to attend a webinar hosted by the College Board Florida Partnership that will provide them with the information they need to better understand the PSAT Student Score Reports (PSAT 8/9 and PSAT/ NMSQT). This is for the SMS 8th graders that took the PSAT.
The January 25, 2022, session will focus on how PSAT scores and reports can provide insightful information about individual student performance on the assessment, including a predicted SAT score and student progress towards meeting the college readiness benchmark.
Connecting to the PSAT online score report allows students to:
• Link their College Board account with their Khan Academy account, Khan Academy will use the PSAT score to design a practice plan and practice questions tailored to each student’s strengths.
• Connect to valuable tools for college and career planning.
• Take advantage of scholarship opportunities through Student Search Service.
• Access admission and financial aid information from colleges.
• Access AP Potential to see which AP courses are a good fit.
Please share this information with your school community to encourage parents and students to attend this important and timely webinar.
When: Jan 25, 2022, 6:00-7:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Understanding PSAT Student Score Reports (PSAT 8/9 and PSAT/ NMSQT)
Register in advance for this webinar:
Cell phones may be used before / after school and during lunch. Students should not have them out during class changes. Only one ear bud/headphone/AirPods etc. should be used during those specific times. Cell phones/ear buds etc. may be taken from the student by a staff member and parents will need to come to school to pick them up.
SMS will educate all students in a safe and supportive learning environment that will develop life-long learners and productive citizens.
SMS will be a system of excellence ensuring all students are prepared for personal success.